High on the agenda is the CARICOM Single Market and Economy (CSME) with emphasis being placed on the implementation plan for the CSME and challenges to that plan; making the CSME more effective and the definition of artisans and household domestics.
The Ministerial discussions will precede the special CARICOM Heads of Government Meeting on the CSME scheduled for Trinidad and Tobago, 3-4 December. At their meeting in Montego Bay, Jamaica, last July, the Heads of Government recognised the need to keep focus on the CSME and agreed to have the Special Meeting.
The agenda of the preparatory meeting of COTED officials also includes the direction of CARICOM’s External Trade Policy as well as the Community’s trade relations with the United Kingdom post-BREXIT.
- Countries: CARICOM
- CARICOM meeting with Juan Guaidó in B'dos said to be positive
- CARICOM | Rowley Flays Trump Snub - Mottley wants zone of Peace
- CARICOM SG pushes Region’s case for building Resilience at International Conference in Romania
- CARICOM Shocked at New Zeland Terrorist Attack
- CARICOM extends hope and comfort to Ethiopians following deadly plane crash