Beijing has prepared since last month an increase in tariffs on 114 U.S. goods, including chemicals, energy products and medical equipment, in response to the new U.S. action.
On July 6, the United States unleashed a trade war against China by implementing additional 25-percent tariffs worth 34 billion dollars on Chinese imports containing technology of industrial importance.
Beijing reacted automatically with a similar increase in tariffs and value on 545 U.S. products, including agricultural food and vehicles.
In addition, it implemented measures aimed at minimizing the economic impact and protecting the entrepreneurial sector from the U.S. protectionist offensive by increasing the purchase of products in other regions, expanding foreign investments and improving the environment for business.
- Countries: None
- Venezuela: is a US-backed 'military option' to oust Maduro gaining favour?
- Palestinian Envoy Says South Africa Set to Back Peace Talks
- Trump Closes Palestinian Mission Office in Washington
- US Threatens to sanction Int'I Criminal Court if investigated, But ICC will continue 'undeterred'
- CTA Says Trump Tariffs Are Hurting Americans, Legally Questionable