Beijing has prepared since last month an increase in tariffs on 114 U.S. goods, including chemicals, energy products and medical equipment, in response to the new U.S. action.
On July 6, the United States unleashed a trade war against China by implementing additional 25-percent tariffs worth 34 billion dollars on Chinese imports containing technology of industrial importance.
Beijing reacted automatically with a similar increase in tariffs and value on 545 U.S. products, including agricultural food and vehicles.
In addition, it implemented measures aimed at minimizing the economic impact and protecting the entrepreneurial sector from the U.S. protectionist offensive by increasing the purchase of products in other regions, expanding foreign investments and improving the environment for business.
- Countries: None
- Maduro Confirms Meeting Between Venezuela's Arreaza and Elliott Abrams
- The World Bank needs deep reforms to reflect a changing world order
- United States slaps Ghana with visa Sanctions
- Twitter Erupts After 2,000 Pro-Venezuelan Accounts Are Deleted
- Trump Admin Pressured Spain Gov't to Support US-Backed Coup in Venezuela: Report