In turn, the head of the Commission, Fistum Arega, reminded last year Ethiopia received the 'Star Reformer Award' from the World Bank for its outstanding performance in developing and implementing a viable FDI policy.
Similarly, the country won the United Nations 2017 Award for its policy in promoting projects of sustainable investments.
According to Arega, the continued development of industrial parks plays a key role in the success achieved in promoting and attracting investments.
The official also remarked the Commission has taken steps towards associating with the Board of Investment in order to improve the retention policy to make easier the conditions of access of the investors to currencies and encourage, this way, the exporting companies.
- Countries: Africa
- How the Orthodox Church in Ethiopia can play a role in reconciliation
- Eritrea's President in Ethiopia for Historic Visit
- Ethiopia, Rwanda, to Tackle Equitable use of the Nile waters
- Why Ethiopia’s new leader could be a game changer
- ETHIOPIA | Abiy Ahmed, head of EPRDF's Oromo bloc, is Ethiopia's new Prime Minister