In turn, the head of the Commission, Fistum Arega, reminded last year Ethiopia received the 'Star Reformer Award' from the World Bank for its outstanding performance in developing and implementing a viable FDI policy.
Similarly, the country won the United Nations 2017 Award for its policy in promoting projects of sustainable investments.
According to Arega, the continued development of industrial parks plays a key role in the success achieved in promoting and attracting investments.
The official also remarked the Commission has taken steps towards associating with the Board of Investment in order to improve the retention policy to make easier the conditions of access of the investors to currencies and encourage, this way, the exporting companies.
- Countries: Africa
- How African cities can harness green technologies for growth and jobs
- Abiy’s big steps shouldn’t obscure undercurrents in Ethiopia
- ETHIOPIA | Women in positions of power could mark a turning point for Ethiopia’s girls
- How ethnic violence is destabilising Ethiopia’s reform gains
- How the Orthodox Church in Ethiopia can play a role in reconciliation