The BRICS Plus meeting will take place that same day, with the assistance of the leaders of Argentina, Jamaica, and Turkey, as guests.
Both appointments will be led by President Cyril Ramaphosa, who will head the BRICS Summit for the first time after taking over as president of the country last February, and will be attended by the South African Development Community.
This tenth edition of the group began today with a Business Forum, in which the five Heads of State or Government of this group will participate in their afternoon session: Presidents Michel Temer, from Brazil; Vladimir Putin, from Russia; Xi Jinping, from China, and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, headed by Ramaphosa.
The participation of leaders of the continent is justified by the topics that will be addressed under the slogan 'BRICS in Africa: Collaboration for Inclusive Growth and Shared Prosperity in the 4th Industrial Revolution.'
- Countries: Africa
- Palestinian Envoy Says South Africa Set to Back Peace Talks
- The free movement of people is an AU ambition: what’s standing in its way
- Jamaica and CARICOM Open to Greater Partnerships – PM Holness
- CARICOM | PM Holness Leaves for Namibia and BRICS Summit in South Africa
- Global Jewish Groups Issue Joint Statement in Support of BDS Movement