The Ball was held in honour of President Elect Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence, at the Andrew W. Mellon Auditorium in Washington DC, last night, just ahead of the official swearing in activities for President Donald Trump and the Vice President on Friday.
The Vice President-Elect Governor Mike Pense, also expressed his love for the island and the people of Jamaica and hoped to visit whenever the opportunity arose.
In reply, the Jamaican Ambassador expressed warm greetings on behalf of the government and people of Jamaica and wished for him a successful tenure in office, as the 45th President of the United States.
Ambassador Marks will represent the government and people of Jamaica at the inarguration ceremony of the President and Vice President of the United States on Friday morning at the US State Capitol. She will also represent Jamaica at other planned inarguration function to be held over the weekend.
- Countries: Jamaica
- JAMAICA | New World Bank envoy lauds Jamaica on its economic performance
- DIASPORA | Ambassador Marks pays tribute to Edward Seaga
- Jamaican Artists stage Art Exhibition at the Jamaican Embassy, Washington, DC
- DIASPORA | Good Shepherd Jamaica Maryland Chapter donates over US$75-thousand to Charity
- JAMAICA | PM Holness to Keynote Inaugural JamCham Awards Banquet in Atlanta