The Ball was held in honour of President Elect Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence, at the Andrew W. Mellon Auditorium in Washington DC, last night, just ahead of the official swearing in activities for President Donald Trump and the Vice President on Friday.
The Vice President-Elect Governor Mike Pense, also expressed his love for the island and the people of Jamaica and hoped to visit whenever the opportunity arose.
In reply, the Jamaican Ambassador expressed warm greetings on behalf of the government and people of Jamaica and wished for him a successful tenure in office, as the 45th President of the United States.
Ambassador Marks will represent the government and people of Jamaica at the inarguration ceremony of the President and Vice President of the United States on Friday morning at the US State Capitol. She will also represent Jamaica at other planned inarguration function to be held over the weekend.
- Countries: Jamaica
- Jamaica lobbies for ousting of UC Rusal head
- Jamaica in failed US backed bid to kick Venezuela from the OAS
- Evo Morales Condemns U.S. Actions against Venezuela and Cuba
- Chinese amb warns U.S. not to drag LatAm into trade dispute
- Ambassador Audrey Marks representing Jamaica at sixth World Government Summit in Dubai