According to the source, the 10 council members were chosen for their active participation in advancing judicial integrity, and will help identify and address the priority challenges, within the framework of the Doha Declaration on the Integration of Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice.
On the other hand, the international organization will provide bilateral and regional technical assistance to support the judiciary powers in the development and implementation of strategies and measures to strengthen integrity and accountability within the judicial system.
The judge from Trinidad and Tobago will also assume the presidency of the Caribbean Court of Justice on July 4th.
- Countries: Caribbean
- GUYANA | Post-judgment application in Guyana land appeal dismissed by CCJ
- GUYANA | CCJ seeking to attract additional CARICOM jurisdictions
- PNP wants Jamaica to accede to CCJ appellate jurisdiction despite JLP's stand
- CARICOM | Justice Adrian Saunders sworn in as new CCJ President
- BARBADOS | CCJ strikes down mandatory death penalty in Barbados