“Deputy Secretary Sullivan's travel to Haiti has been postponed,” the State Department said in a statement without stating any reason.
The State Department had earlier said that Sullivan would during his discussions with the regional leaders “focus discussions on issues of mutual interest to the United States and the Caribbean, including energy diversification, regional security and economic development.”
The Caribbean leaders are due to end their two-day 29th Inter-Sessional summit here on Tuesday.
The State Department said that the United States is an enduring partner to the Caribbean, as underscored in the Caribbean 2020 strategy, which strengthens security, diplomacy, prosperity, energy, education and health in the region”.
Sullivan was also due to have engaged with US Embassy staff, as well as representatives from the business community and civil society, and make a visit to the Haitian National Police School, which receives funding from the Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement”.
- Countries: Antigua_Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Monsterrat, St_Lucia, St_Kitts_Nevis, St_Vincent_Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad_Tobago, Anguilla, Bermuda, British_Virgin_Islands, Cayman_Islands, Turks_Caisos_Islands, Cuba, United_States, Canada, United_Kingdom, CARICOM
- COTED makes strides on CCREEE, resilience in energy, oil and gas cooperation
- Theresa May to meet CARICOM heads to discuss 'Windrush' Crisis
- The Guyana-Venezuela border dispute: A short fused Time Bomb
- JAMAICA | JA said to be largest suplier of ganja to the United States
- HAITI | Leaders of the New Haitian Army Installed