During a post Cabinet press briefing on Thursday, Harmon said the Granger administration got word from the police and that a full-scale investigation is in progress.
Harmon also said that it is important to note that the President has good approval ratings, there may be some persons who are misguided.
“It is important that we understand that while we have a popular President, we always have to be careful.”
Harmon said the Administration has full confidence in members of all of the security forces to protect the President and all Ministers of the Government.
he Minister echoed sentiments expressed at his last press briefing, when he emphasized the importance that the government places on security.
“I want to re-emphasize that security id not something we play with… and we have professionals in place who understands this and puts certain measures in place.”
The information regarding the possible assassination plot has been with the Police and the Administration for almost two weeks now.
It is believed that the plot may have prompted the recent heightened security arrangement and restrictions during the last sitting of the National Assembly.
- Countries: Guyana
- GUYANA | Post-judgment application in Guyana land appeal dismissed by CCJ
- CARICOM | Migration of Specialist Nurses and Midwives in CARICOM, a cause for concern
- GUYANA | IMF Executive Board Concludes Article IV consultation
- GUYANA | IMF Predicts Favourable Prospects for Guyana's Economy
- Guyana’s ICT sector in a “much better” state under Coalition – President Granger