According to the airline, flights will operate three times a week and will allow tourists to save money on air travel.
Mark Kopczak, vice president of network planning for Spirit Airlines, said that Cap-Haitien is a destination full of beaches on Haiti's northern shore, and also expressed the company's enthusiasm about the new options included in its network.
The opening coincides with the remodeling of the Hugo Chavez airport in Cap-Haitien, in which works have been underway for a few months to build a new hall for arrivals of some 850 square meters to replace the previous one.
Three departure halls were also remodeled, which will represent a significant increase in regional and international flights.
Named Hugo Chavez, after his death, the airport has more than 7,000 square meters, and it is the closest airport to La Citadelle and Sans Souci Palace, two of the most important historical sites in Haiti.
- Countries: Haiti
- Caribbean Countries Need Each Other says Mottley
- UN agency says remittances much more than a 'lifeline' for the Caribbean
- New hurricane season jeopardizes Caribbean recovery: 5 essential reads
- 'Cruel, Heartless': Windrush Citizens Recount Treatment at British High Commission in Jamaica
- Climate change may scuttle Caribbean’s post-hurricane plans for a renewable energy boom