Attorney Grant Connell told the court that his client, Derek Minors, uses marijuana to treat his asthma.
Minors, manager of Greaves Marketplace pleaded guilty to possession of 173 grammes (six ounces) of marijuana with intent to supply.
Magistrate Bertie Pompey reprimanded the accused and discharged him on two other charges, namely possession of 115 grammes (5.5 ounces) and 24 grammes (0.85 ounce) of marijuana with intent to supply.
The court heard that the police had searched a house belonging to one “Bradley Greaves, who was not at home and Minors consented to the search, during which the drugs was found in three packages.
Minors told the police officers that the marijuana was for him to smoke.
- BARBADOS | Medicinal Marijuana Framework Coming for Barbados
- UNITED STATES | Marijuana expands into 3 more states, but nationwide legalization still unlikely
- BARBADOS | Research Vital In Medical Marijuana Decision
- How legalising cannabis has worked out for other countries
- ExpressMarijuanaCard Opens a New Front in the War on Medical Marijuana Scams