Posada Carriles left his country of origin, Cuba, with the sole intention of ending the Revolution of the island, and for that, he undertook U.S.-sponsored acts of terrorism of which innocent people were victims, including those on board of a plane he bombed in 1976.
On Oct. 6, 1976, Cubana Flight 455 on its way from Barbados to Jamaica was bombed shortly after takeoff, killing 73 people, including the Cuban national fencing team.
In 2011, declassified CIA documents showed that two of the key figures in this terrorist attack were Posada Carriles and Orlando Bosch, right-wing Cubans who fled the island after the Cuban Revolution of 1959.
- Countries: Cuba
- GUYANA | President Granger in Cuba for second round of treatment
- Guyana's President Returns to Cuba Tuesday for medical treatment
- GUYANA | Granger returns to Cuba on Tuesday for more treatment
- GUYANA | Granger Returns, Expresses Gratitude to Nation for Support
- GUYANA | President Granger cleared to return home on Tuesday