The historic signing took place at the 30th Inter-Sessional Meeting of the Conference of Heads of Government of CARICOM on Wednesday ) in Basseterre St. Kitts.
The regional MASA will allow for any CARICOM member state to move passengers and freight by air without having to apply for individual air services rights.
The agreement, therefore, makes it easier for airlines in the region to operate both passenger and cargo in and out the island.
Additionally, this agreement will allow Jamaica greater flexibility in negotiating air services agreements with other blocs.
Jamaica has more than 60 air services agreements.
- Countries: Jamaica
- JAMAICA | PNP says there is reduced deployment of Security personnel in St. James
- JAMAICA | MP Natalie Neita Salutes the Life of Dr. Cynthia Thompson
- JAMAICA | Debt-to-GDP Ratio to Fall to 96 Per Cent at End of 2018/19
- JAMAICA | IMF Supports use of 1/2% reduction in Primary Surplus for Social Assistance
- JAMAICA | JLP wants PNP to instruct Damion Crawford to Apologise to Vaz