Secretary-General Ambassador Irwin LaRocque, in a congratulatory message to Guyana’s President HE David Granger, also noted that the country’s five decades of self rule has seen it advance socially, economically and in other spheres
“Guyana has made major global contributions particularly in academia, the arts, both visual and literary, and in sport. It is also a leader in preservation of the environment as part of its aim to become Green Guyana,” Ambassador LaRocque said.
“As the Community moves to increase resilience, Guyana has a critical role to play given its Head of Government has responsibility for Agriculture in the CARICOM Quasi-Cabinet,” he noted.
Guyana celebrates its 52nd Independence Anniversary on Saturday 26 May,
- Countries: Guyana
- CARICOM /CUBA cooperate in trade, disabilities project
- Communications Strategy being formulated for Sustainable Energy in CARICOM
- CARICOM targets Single Market for practical implementation
- Holness laments 'upper middle-income' status for developing states
- CARICOM | Don’t blame the Secretariat on CSME implementation deficit says Golding