Secretary-General Ambassador Irwin LaRocque, in a congratulatory message to Guyana’s President HE David Granger, also noted that the country’s five decades of self rule has seen it advance socially, economically and in other spheres
“Guyana has made major global contributions particularly in academia, the arts, both visual and literary, and in sport. It is also a leader in preservation of the environment as part of its aim to become Green Guyana,” Ambassador LaRocque said.
“As the Community moves to increase resilience, Guyana has a critical role to play given its Head of Government has responsibility for Agriculture in the CARICOM Quasi-Cabinet,” he noted.
Guyana celebrates its 52nd Independence Anniversary on Saturday 26 May,
- Countries: Guyana
- CARICOM reaffirms great value of relations with Cuba
- CARICOM | Cuba reinforces its ties with the Caribbean
- CARICOM | Colombia is willing to participate in CARIFESTA
- CARICOM | List of Countries Targeted for Reparations Expanded
- Culture plays important role in Region’s sustainable growth, development - CARICOM SG