The agreement further states that the convict should be informed of the provisions within the agreement and the process of their transfer.
The agreement will run for 10 years and is automatically renewed unless one side, through a written diplomatic note, terminates the agreement, which will take effect one year after such termination is announced.
The agreement is based on “a framework for negotiations and measures to promote trust between Guatemala and Belize” that was signed on September 7 2005.
- UNITED STATES | Mother Sues US After Child Held in ICE Detention Center Dies
- CARICOM | Stakeholders to take stock of Region’s sustainable energy drive at CSEF in Belize
- BELIZE | Economy recovering with significant progress toward debt reduction says IMF
- BELIZE | Faith leaders consult on HIV/AIDS in Belize City
- JAMAICA | JA said to be largest suplier of ganja to the United States