Earlier this year Warrington Phillip approached the privy council after he was sentenced to life in prison for the murder of Shermell Williams Phillip.
Phillip had previously made two appeals to the Eastern Caribbean Supreme Appeal Court, both of which were dismissed.
His application to the Privy Council was his last resort to appeal his conviction.
Both Director of Public Prosecutions for St. Kitts and Nevis Valston Graham and Prosecutor Dane Hamilton QC , represented the Crown in the UK.
The case was heard in London in January but the judgment was handed down Wednesday with the conclusion being – “For all the foregoing reasons, the Board will humbly advise Her Majesty that this appeal should be dismissed.”
- Countries: St_Kitts_Nevis
Latest from Calvin G. Brown
- WEATHER | Jamaica stands ready to assist island’s impacted by hurricanes
- BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS | The psychological impact of Hurricane Irma
- JAMAICA | Phillips bats for NIS Pensioners, Calls JLP Gov't, incompetent
- JAMAICA | Ja to host BPO Outsource to the Caribbean Conference
- US Will Deny Visas to 4 Countries Under Deportation Crackdown