Earlier this year Warrington Phillip approached the privy council after he was sentenced to life in prison for the murder of Shermell Williams Phillip.
Phillip had previously made two appeals to the Eastern Caribbean Supreme Appeal Court, both of which were dismissed.
His application to the Privy Council was his last resort to appeal his conviction.
Both Director of Public Prosecutions for St. Kitts and Nevis Valston Graham and Prosecutor Dane Hamilton QC , represented the Crown in the UK.
The case was heard in London in January but the judgment was handed down Wednesday with the conclusion being – “For all the foregoing reasons, the Board will humbly advise Her Majesty that this appeal should be dismissed.”
- Countries: St_Kitts_Nevis
Latest from Calvin G. Brown
- Evo Morales Condemns U.S. Actions against Venezuela and Cuba
- JAMAICA | Murders and shootings up in areas without special security measures -
- Donald Trump and His New Crusade against Immigrants
- A federal judge just refused to toss a lawsuit accusing Trump of violating the Constitution's emoluments clause
- HAITI | Leaders of the New Haitian Army Installed