Earlier this year Warrington Phillip approached the privy council after he was sentenced to life in prison for the murder of Shermell Williams Phillip.
Phillip had previously made two appeals to the Eastern Caribbean Supreme Appeal Court, both of which were dismissed.
His application to the Privy Council was his last resort to appeal his conviction.
Both Director of Public Prosecutions for St. Kitts and Nevis Valston Graham and Prosecutor Dane Hamilton QC , represented the Crown in the UK.
The case was heard in London in January but the judgment was handed down Wednesday with the conclusion being – “For all the foregoing reasons, the Board will humbly advise Her Majesty that this appeal should be dismissed.”
- Countries: St_Kitts_Nevis
Latest from Calvin G. Brown
- HAITI | Five killed, several missing in Haiti after flood rains
- Ransomware Attack Spurs Renewed Scrutiny of US Spy Agency
- ST. KITTS | PM Harris announces Probe into issue involving economic citizens
- BAHAMAS | Commonwealth to send observer team to Bahamas
- DOMINICA | Judge found Opposition Leader “embellished” allegations against gov't ministers