The Italian-made aircraft, model Tecnam P2006T cost nearly US$1.0 million.
The twin-prop, 4-seat plane assigned to the National Drugs Control Agency (DNCD), will be maintained by the Dominican Air Force.
The aircraft features two Rotax 912 engines, of 95 horsepower each; variable pitch propellers, as well as a retractable landing gear.
Meanwhile, the National Police has announced that it will be increase the number of officers to patrol streets across the country during the Christmas season.
According to police chief Nelson Peguero Paredes says an additional 1,800 military agents have also been assigned to patrols this month and into January.
He said the agents will be posted at shopping areas to discourage crime.
The extended patrols will end on “Three Kings Day” on January 6.
- Countries: Caribbean
- JAMAICA | Jamaica remains the largest Caribbean source of marijuana - State Dept.
- Columbus Business Solutions now operating as C&W Business in the Dominican Republic
- CARIBBEAN named among major drug-transit countries
- DOMINICAN REPUBLIC – Agriculture Minister says banana disease can be controlled
- DOMINICAN REPUBLIC -Ten babies confirmed with microcephaly linked to Zika virus