In a statement, Prime Minister Andrew Holness said that he was shocked at the “recent incidents terror in the United Kingdom” and pledged his administration’s support in the global fight against terrorist attacks.
“No society should be so impacted by these wanton and heartless acts. Undoubtedly, all well-thinking countries of the world stand with the UK Government and its people in rejecting these attempts to undermine their way of life,” Holness said in the statement.
Britain was rocked by the second terror attack in two weeks on Saturday, when a group of three terrorists used a van and knives to kill seven and leave several others injured.
Prime Minister Theresa May, speaking after chairing a meeting of the Government’s Cobra emergency committee, condemned the attack, saying “enough is enough”.
Meanwhile, counter terrorism police have made fresh raids on addresses in east London and “a number” of people had been detained.
- Countries: Jamaica
- Trump Turns Blind Eye to Bombing Murders of Texan Minorities
- JAMAICA | People not impressed by Holness/JLP performance says RJR/Gleaner Poll
- Executive and Judiciary Must Work Together to Transform Justice System – PM Holness
- JAMAICA | Government Building Systems to Protect Citizens – PM Holness
- JAMAICA | Holness in Haiti for CARICOM Intersessional