In a statement, Prime Minister Andrew Holness said that he was shocked at the “recent incidents terror in the United Kingdom” and pledged his administration’s support in the global fight against terrorist attacks.
“No society should be so impacted by these wanton and heartless acts. Undoubtedly, all well-thinking countries of the world stand with the UK Government and its people in rejecting these attempts to undermine their way of life,” Holness said in the statement.
Britain was rocked by the second terror attack in two weeks on Saturday, when a group of three terrorists used a van and knives to kill seven and leave several others injured.
Prime Minister Theresa May, speaking after chairing a meeting of the Government’s Cobra emergency committee, condemned the attack, saying “enough is enough”.
Meanwhile, counter terrorism police have made fresh raids on addresses in east London and “a number” of people had been detained.
- Countries: Jamaica
- BARBADOS | We must never forget the 1976 "Cubana 455" tragedy says Husbands
- JAMAICA | Review of State Owned Refinery Petrojam has begun says Holness
- JAMAICA | Holness Calls for Lifting of Cuban Embargo
- PM Holness Announces State of Public Emergency for Sections of Kingston
- JAMAICA | Holness announces US$1M roadway to bypass Simpson-Miller Square