A joint statement from the Opposition and the Government late this afternoon said both Leaders held full, frank and confidential discussions on security and crime management in Jamaica.
They agreed that a meeting of teams from the Government and Opposition will take place next Monday, January 7, 2019.
They also agreed that, at the Monday meeting a date will be determined for a meeting with other stakeholders.
Mr. Holness wrote to Dr. Phillips on Monday requesting a meeting with him Wednesday at 10 a.m. at Jamaica House.
Dr. Phillips said he was not able to meet Wednesday due to the short notice.
- Countries: Jamaica
- JAMAICA | Holness Appoints Sen. Pearnel Charles Jr to replace Reid in the Cabinet
- More Venezuela Sanctions as Trump Meets Carib leaders at Mar-a-Lago
- JAMAICA | Patriots want CMU President Fitz Pinnock to Resign
- JAMAICA | Opposition objects to Holness taking control of Education Ministry
- JAMAICA | PNP wants Probe into allegations of Misuse of Public Funds by the Min of Ed and CMU