A joint statement from the Opposition and the Government late this afternoon said both Leaders held full, frank and confidential discussions on security and crime management in Jamaica.
They agreed that a meeting of teams from the Government and Opposition will take place next Monday, January 7, 2019.
They also agreed that, at the Monday meeting a date will be determined for a meeting with other stakeholders.
Mr. Holness wrote to Dr. Phillips on Monday requesting a meeting with him Wednesday at 10 a.m. at Jamaica House.
Dr. Phillips said he was not able to meet Wednesday due to the short notice.
- Countries: Jamaica
- JAMAICA | Fiscal Discipline to be Maintained Following Successful Completion of IMF Programme
- JAMAICA | Jamaica completes successful Stand-by Arrangements With IMF
- JAMAICA | Phillips joins the fight against mining in the Cockpit Country
- JAMAICA | PNP to focus on reconciliation and party unity
- JAMAICA | PNP's Dr. Peter Phillips and Peter Bunting meet to 'bury the hatchet'