The The Prime Minister noted that the invitation signals the Government’s collaborative and bipartisan approach in placing national security matters at the forefront of the Government’s policy approach.
Greater relations between the Government and the Opposition will build trust and cooperation in moving the National Security Agenda forward.
Mr. Jackson contributed to the discussions on national security matters as well as the assessment of the enhanced security measures in sections of the island.
Prime Minister Holness expressed confidence in the security apparatus in the country and was pleased to have the Opposition at the table.
For his part, Mr. Jackson was thankful for the invitation to attend the NSC meeting. He further indicated that the Council will have his full cooperation going forward.
- Countries: Jamaica
- JAMAICA | Jackson re-tables amendment to the Banking Act
- JAMAICA | Murders and shootings up in areas without special security measures -
- JAMAICA | Land Agency and LAMP to Be Merged
- JAMAICA | 12,600 Unattached Youth to Be Engaged- Support for plastic Bottle return Programme
- JAMAICA | PNP gives critical support to St. Catherine State of Public Emergency