The The Prime Minister noted that the invitation signals the Government’s collaborative and bipartisan approach in placing national security matters at the forefront of the Government’s policy approach.
Greater relations between the Government and the Opposition will build trust and cooperation in moving the National Security Agenda forward.
Mr. Jackson contributed to the discussions on national security matters as well as the assessment of the enhanced security measures in sections of the island.
Prime Minister Holness expressed confidence in the security apparatus in the country and was pleased to have the Opposition at the table.
For his part, Mr. Jackson was thankful for the invitation to attend the NSC meeting. He further indicated that the Council will have his full cooperation going forward.
- Countries: Jamaica
- JAMAICA | Andrew Warns JLP Members, Stay Clear of Corruption
- JAMAICA | The Key to Growth is to Support Private Sector – PM Holness
- JAMAICA | PNP to put an end to squatting says Phillips
- JAMAICA | Crime wave skyrockets despite State of Emergency and Zones of Special Operation - PNP
- JAMAICA | Jackson re-tables amendment to the Banking Act