According to Dr Wheatley, ”I jealously guard my reputation and I will not allow either blatant defamation or innuendo to damage it.
Before Politics I was respected in my field and in politics I have functioned with integrity and decency. I will be seeking all legal remedies to protect my name”.
Dr Wheatley added that he was disgusted by the Facebook post and recognised it for what it was, ”I think it is part of a campaign of misinformation and innuendo that is calculated to undermine both me as a minister and the government.
We have heard many things over the past weeks but yet to see any evidence of wrongdoing. Those who seek to defame others must pay a price”.
The Minister maintaned that he is awaiting the decision of his attorney as to the approach to ensure his good the name is maintained.
- Countries: Jamaica
- JAMAICA | House passes bill validating Spectrum Regulatory Fees
- JAMAICA | Private Sector, Civil Society want Wheatley excluded from Petrojam deliberations
- JAMAICA | PNP threatens cooperation with Government if Wheatley not fired
- JAMAICA | PNP points to 2 year drop in FDI as proof of under-performing economy
- JAMAICA | Wheatley Relieved of Energy portfolio, PNP not happy