At a meeting with congressional leaders, the U.S. president referred to the African States and some Central American nations as 'shithole countries'.
The African leaders were ready to demand an apology when they meet Trump this month at a meeting to discuss emigration, but they abstained after receiving the letter in which 'he expressed respect for the continent', according to the source.
Anyway, the heads of State of the continent are downhearted and shocked by the Trump administration's growing and consisting trend to denigrate African descendants, thus promoting racism, xenophobia and intolerance, the source added.
- Countries: Africa
- JAMAICA | Gov’t Working With US to ‘free-up’ Medicinal Cannabis Money
- Central American Exodus Migrants Sue Trump Over Human Rights
- US to Impose New Sanctions on Iran, 'Will Unite Iranian Nation'
- UNITED STATES | Nikki Haley Resigns as Trump's UN Ambassador
- US Withdraws From International Accords After ICJ Ruling on Iran, Palestine