At a meeting with congressional leaders, the U.S. president referred to the African States and some Central American nations as 'shithole countries'.
The African leaders were ready to demand an apology when they meet Trump this month at a meeting to discuss emigration, but they abstained after receiving the letter in which 'he expressed respect for the continent', according to the source.
Anyway, the heads of State of the continent are downhearted and shocked by the Trump administration's growing and consisting trend to denigrate African descendants, thus promoting racism, xenophobia and intolerance, the source added.
- Countries: Africa
- Trump cancels summit with North Korea's Kim Jong-un
- Buhari and Trump: a chance to reset Nigeria’s relationship with the US
- Iran's President Asks Trump to Keep U.S. in Nuclear Agreement
- 'Sex coaches' claiming Trump secrets plead for US help at Thai court hearing
- Chinese amb warns U.S. not to drag LatAm into trade dispute