At a meeting with congressional leaders, the U.S. president referred to the African States and some Central American nations as 'shithole countries'.
The African leaders were ready to demand an apology when they meet Trump this month at a meeting to discuss emigration, but they abstained after receiving the letter in which 'he expressed respect for the continent', according to the source.
Anyway, the heads of State of the continent are downhearted and shocked by the Trump administration's growing and consisting trend to denigrate African descendants, thus promoting racism, xenophobia and intolerance, the source added.
- Countries: Africa
- Maduro Confirms Meeting Between Venezuela's Arreaza and Elliott Abrams
- The World Bank needs deep reforms to reflect a changing world order
- Maduro: Venezuela Faces Coup Ordered by US, Lima Group Ahead of Inauguration
- Bolsonaro’s anger won over working-class Brazilians, but his presidency may betray them
- Trump’s Africa strategy should have cast China as a regional partner, not a global adversary