A press release from Prime Minister Mia Mottley said she was informed by way of a letter by Member of Parliament for St Michael West, Bishop Joseph Atherley of his intention to serve in Opposition to the BLP Government.
The Bishop will now become the leader of the Opposition.
“This was further confirmed by letter from her Excellency the Governor General Dame Sandra Mason,” the brief statement said.
The development follows the naming by Mottley of her 30-member Cabinet last weekend with Atherley, who is head of the Evangelical Holiness Christian Community Church, being a glaring omission.
Today, St George North MP Gline Clarke also expressed disappointment over being left out of the Cabinet but said he would not be crossing the floor.
- Countries: Barbados
- BARBADOS | Medicinal Marijuana Framework Coming for Barbados
- BARBADOS | IMF Gives B'dos passing grade for Economic Reform Programme
- CARICOM To Open Government Procurement to Regional Companies
- BARBADOS | European Development Fund To Finance Second Coconut Project
- Barbados Border Security Gets Equipment Boost