The over three hundred members gathered confirmed their confidence in the chairman and deputy chairman and returned both unopposed for another political year.
Mr Fitz Jackson, M.P., for South St Catherine and Mr Horace Dalley, M.P., for Northern Clarendon were re-elected to their respective positions. The NEC also elected eleven (11) of its members to the Party’s Executive Committee from a nominated list of sixteen (16) contenders.
The eleven elected members will bolster the work of the Executive Committee at its weekly meetings and carry-out activities in between meetings of the National Executive Council. The eleven members elected are:
1. Mark Golding, M.P.
2. Natalie Neita, M.P.
3. Lisa Hanna, M.P.
4. Shane Alexis, Caretaker/Candidate
5. Patricia Duncan Sutherland, Caretaker/Candidate
6. Eugene Kelly, Councillor - KSAMC
7. Mario Mitchell, Councillor – MMC
8. Tony Hylton, M.P.
9. Andre Hylton, Caretaker
10. Noel Sloley
11. Val Wint, Caretaker/Candidate
Today’s meeting of the NEC brings to an end the Party’s 80th annual conference schedule of activities and renewal exercises for 2018.
- Countries: Jamaica
- JAMAICA | The PNP Wants a Forensic Audit at Petrojam
- JAMAICA | Opposition to have public consultations on SOE Human Rights Breaches
- JAMAICA| Fix Inhumane Conditions at Detention Centres says PNP
- JAMAICA | Gov't Must Come Clean on PEP says Thwaites
- JAMAICA | PNP concerned over state of police wage negotiations with Gov't