Nomination Day will be on Friday, March 15, 2019.
A statement from Jamaica Houase this evening said" after further consideration and consultation, Prime Minister, the Most Honourable Andrew Holness, advises that the day on which the poll for taking the votes in the by-election for the constituency of Portland Eastern will be Thursday, April 4, 2019."
The media release noted that "this announcement supersedes that made on Friday March 1, 2019, to take into account the public holiday of Ash Wednesday, which falls on Wednesday March 7, 2019.
The release further explained that Ash Wednesday "is an ‘excluded day’ for the purpose of section 21 (1A) of the Representation of the People Act, which provides that the day appointed for nomination day shall be at least five clear days after the announcement of an election."
- Countries: Jamaica
- JAMAICA | The National Security Council Considers Enhanced Security Measures
- CARICOM |Holness Signs Instrument on CARICOM Multilateral Air Services Agreement
- CARICOM | Holness encourages Heads to deliver on commitments made during his tenure
- JAMAICA | House approves bill to expropriate Venezuela's shares in Petrojam
- Bartlett Touts Jamaica as Excellent Tourism Investment Destination