Dr Phillips is set to address members of the Jamaican diaspora, including the Jamaica College (JC) Old Boys in New York before traveling on to the People’s Republic of China where he will be the special guest of the Communist Party of China.
While in China, the Opposition Leader will have vital discussions with major Chinese investors with interests in Jamaica, including Jiguan Iron and Steel Company (JISCO), which now operates the Alumina Partners of Jamaica (ALPART) plant located at Nain, St. Elizabeth.
Dr Phillips is accompanied by Shadow Minister of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade, Ms Lisa Hanna, M.P., and the Shadow Minister of Mining and Energy, Mr. Phillip Paulwell, M.P., on the China leg of the overseas engagement.
Mr Mikael Phillips, M.P., the Shadow Minister of Transport and Works will accompany the team for the US leg of the trip.
- Countries: Jamaica
- JAMAICA |Citizens' rights must be protected says Phillips
- JAMAICA | PNP wants to meet with Private Sector leadership
- JAMAICA | Opposition Leader expresses full confidence in Philip Paulwell
- JAMAICA | JLP Calls for Paulwell's Resignation as PNP Spokesman on Energy
- Climate change resilience could save trillions in the long run – but finding billions now to pay for it is the hard part