Dr. Phillips is scheduled to address the BLP Conference at its session on Sunday, October 28, 2018, a day after the scheduled address by the BLP Leader, Prime Minister Mia Mottley, who will be addressing her party faithful for the first time since the historic landslide victory in May 2018.
The conference is part of a calendar of special celebrations being held by the BLP to observe its 80th anniversary, having been founded by a group led by the Federal Prime Minister, Sir Grantley Adams in 1938, the same year in which the PNP was founded under the leadership of Norman Manley. Both parties were founded during the 1938 labour unrests as trade unions fought for better wages and improved working conditions.
“Both the PNP and the BLP have been longtime partners working for the advancement of Caribbean peoples, having come out of the crucible of social upheaval of those times and both have been historically committed to a people-centred philosophy,” Dr. Phillips said.
The Opposition Leader returns to Jamaica on Monday, October 29th, 2018.
- Countries: Jamaica
- JAMAICA | Phillip to launch his “One PNP – Powerful Together” campaign on June 27
- JAMAICA | Venezuela's Guaido asks Holness not to seize PDVSA refinery shares
- Jamaica and Ghana Arranging Reciprocal Visa Free Travel
- JAMAICA | Gov't Investigating Treatment of Ja Fishermen by US Coast Guard
- JAMAICA | Richard Byles is the new governor of the Bank of Jamaica