Ms. Mottley is the first female to be elected Prime Minister in Barbados’ history and Prime Minister Holness said this is proof that more women can ascend to the pinnacle of political leadership.
In the meantime, Prime Minister Holness described Mottley’s victory as a profound historical moment in the region and affirmed the view that she is a powerful force in the Caribbean, who will no doubt lead Barbados in an inclusive and transparent manner.
Mr. Holness wished the people of Barbados great success and pledged Jamaica’s partnership as they too seek shared prosperity.
- Countries: Jamaica
- JAMAICA | Southern Coastal Highway delay angers St Thomas and the Diaspora
- Jamaica Welcomed 4.31 Million Visitors in 2018
- JAMAICA | We Must Develop a Culture of Work – PM Holness
- JAMAICA | Holness laments the extent of violent crimes affecting Jamaica
- JAMAICA | Stadium East Running Track under repair, plans for two additional tracks advanced