Ms. Mottley is the first female to be elected Prime Minister in Barbados’ history and Prime Minister Holness said this is proof that more women can ascend to the pinnacle of political leadership.
In the meantime, Prime Minister Holness described Mottley’s victory as a profound historical moment in the region and affirmed the view that she is a powerful force in the Caribbean, who will no doubt lead Barbados in an inclusive and transparent manner.
Mr. Holness wished the people of Barbados great success and pledged Jamaica’s partnership as they too seek shared prosperity.
- Countries: Jamaica
- BARBADOS | 1,500 public sector workers to be laid off
- BARBADOS | Canadian Firm buys Sol Investments in a US$1.21 billion deal.
- JAMAICA | Shaw tells farmers: Use irrigation technology for greater production
- BARBADOS | We must never forget the 1976 "Cubana 455" tragedy says Husbands
- JAMAICA | Parliament design on exhibit at Ja Conference Centre