Ms. Mottley is the first female to be elected Prime Minister in Barbados’ history and Prime Minister Holness said this is proof that more women can ascend to the pinnacle of political leadership.
In the meantime, Prime Minister Holness described Mottley’s victory as a profound historical moment in the region and affirmed the view that she is a powerful force in the Caribbean, who will no doubt lead Barbados in an inclusive and transparent manner.
Mr. Holness wished the people of Barbados great success and pledged Jamaica’s partnership as they too seek shared prosperity.
- Countries: Jamaica
- BARBADOS | Government to set up a Civil Aviation Authority
- T&T | CCJ Rules Grenadian Family Has No Case Against Barbados Government
- BARBADOS | Medical Marijuana Products Approved For Importation
- JAMAICA | Georgia Sex Trafficking Ring Targets Young Girls From Jamaica
- DIASPORA | Atlanta Evening of Elegance to Raise Education Funds for Jamaican Youth