A statement issued early this morning by the Office of the Prime Minister (OPM) said Young retains his communications portfolio and also remains a minister in the OPM.
However, his appointment as Minister in the Ministry of the Attorney General and Legal Affairs was revoked.
Dillon, a former TT Defence Force Chief of Staff, has been appointed Housing Minister.
The PM had assumed the housing portfolio in a Cabinet reshuffle on April 9 which saw Darryl Smith reassigned from the Sports Ministry and becoming a minister in the Housing Ministry before he was fired from that post 24 hours later.
La Horquetta/Talparo MP Maxie Cuffie who had a stroke last September and spent months recuperating at a hospital in Washington, DC. has had his duties further reduced from Minister to Parliamentary Secretary in the Public Administration Ministry.
Cuffie returned home on July 27 and is expected to return to work in early September.
In April, Rowley had Cuffie reassigned from Public Administration Minister to Minister in the Public Administration Ministry.
Rowley has promoted Port of Spain South MP Marlene McDonald from a minister in that ministry to Public Administration Minister.
The PM also told the President that McDonald returned to work last Thursday. McDonald had pneumonia last month and had been on sick leave.
The statement said the President made these ministerial changes in accordance with the provisions of Sections 3(9), 76(3) and 79(1) and 82(1) of the Constitution on the PM's advice.
- Countries: Trinidad_Tobago
- TRINIDAD | TT entitled to its opinion on Venezuela says PM Rowley
- TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO | Young Rebuffs fear-mongering by Persad-Bissessar
- TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO | Rowley meets with US rep to the UN
- Turks and Caicos | Dispute over Taxes Beaches Turks to close, Sandals Tobago a No-Go.
- TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO | Medical Marijuana on the Agenda for T&T by Mid-year