Speaking at an open debate of the UN Security Council, she stressed that it is very regrettable that this organization, after the repeated obstruction of one of its members, could not even condemn the escalation of violence and the tragic events that took place in Gaza.
In addition, the ambassador condemned -once again- the illegal construction and expansion of Israeli settlements in the Occupied Palestinian Territory, as well as the demolition or seizure of property and lands of that population.
These cruel and destructive measures, together with the criminal and illegal blockade of the Gaza Strip, seriously violate the Fourth Geneva Convention, removing the possibility of a two-State solution and infringe the legitimate interests of the Palestinian people, she pointed out.
Likewise, Cuba reiterates its deep concern and rejection for the unilateral statement of the U.S. President, Donald Trump, of recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, which constitutes a serious and flagrant violation of the UN Charter, International Law and the relevant resolutions of the United Nations, she expressed.
- Countries: Cuba
- JAMAICA | Kofi Annan a humanitarian icon, most effective UN leader of modern time
- Israel Destroys Cultural Center in Besieged Gaza Strip
- Israel: Druze Protest 'Discriminatory' Jewish Nation-State Law
- New Constitution to Strengthen Ties between Cuba and Diaspora
- Former Brazilian Minister Amorim Meets With Pope to Dicuss Lula