The warning of the Iranian head of State occurs before the deadline of May 12 imposed by Trump to modify the treaty he considers incomplete.
The U.S. president assured he would abandon the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) unless there are changes made and a better option.
Iranian news media published today that the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) confirmed the compliance by Iran of its commitments in the nuclear agreement sealed in 2015 with the Group 5+1, say the local media.
The text sent by the organization alleges that, due to that pact, Iran allowed access without restrictions to its specialized sites.
'Iran is subject to the most solid regime of verification in history, which proved it honors its commitments related to the Jcpoa, said Cornel Feruta, a high agency official.
Feruta said so in a conference on the non-proliferation of nuclear weapons held in Geneva, where several of its members called to guarantee the preservation of the agreement by G5+1 (USA, United Kingdom, France, Russia and China plus Germany).
The deputy Secretary General of the UN for Disarmament Affairs, Izumi Nakamitsu, defended the preservation of the treaty, because it is the best way to guarantee peace and offer tangible benefits to the Iranian people.
According to the European Union envoy for disarmament, Jacek Bylica, the nuclear agreement Iran-G5+1 strengthened the non proliferation and also contributed to regional and world security.
The pronouncements of the delegates occur near the deadline (May 12) imposed by president Donald Trump so his European allies make corrections to the defects that, in his opinión, has the nuclear pact, threatening with abandoning it if there are no changes made.
- Countries: Jamaica
- Maduro: Venezuela Faces Coup Ordered by US, Lima Group Ahead of Inauguration
- Bolsonaro’s anger won over working-class Brazilians, but his presidency may betray them
- Trump’s Africa strategy should have cast China as a regional partner, not a global adversary
- GUYANA | Britain joins US and CARICOM in reaffirming Guyana's Sovereignty
- Mexico Reiterates Firm Rejection of US Taxation on Migrants
Latest from Calvin G. Brown
- GUYANA | Court to decide Legality of Charrandass Persaud's December 21 vote
- Worsening Ebola crisis leaves UN Security Council with few options
- GUYANA Protests Vezezuela Military Interception of Oil Exploration Vessell
- IAAF | 10 Athletes Cleared to compete under New Flags
- GUYANA| House Debates PPP's No-Confidence Motion on Friday Dec 21