Araghchi commented that the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) or Iran-Group 5+1 treaty, is a security agreement that covers the region and the world.
In case of any backsliding in that treaty, there will be severe consequences for the entire international community, he noted.
Upon taking office, Donald Trump campaigned to destroy JCPOA or modify it, although it did not get any results so far, the Iranian diplomat said.
The international community and even Washington's allies in Europe are against Trump and even the UN Security Council, which also includes the nuclear deal, will avoid the Republican tycoon's plan.
Iran is prepared to respond to any scenario regarding the fate of JCPOA, although the government prefers maintaining it and there is no change, Araghchi stated.
- Countries: None
- JAMAICA | China Provides US$36 Million to Build Western Ja's Children’s Hospital
- Venezuelan Sanctions forces SVG rethink of Petro Caribe
- Empower Clinics to Launch CBD Medical Cannabis Products under “Sollievo” Brand throughout North America
- CUBA Denounces Impact of U.S. Blockade on Domestic Trade
- UNITED STATES | Judge blocks Trump’s efforts to end Temporary Protected Status for 300,000 immigrants