Araghchi commented that the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) or Iran-Group 5+1 treaty, is a security agreement that covers the region and the world.
In case of any backsliding in that treaty, there will be severe consequences for the entire international community, he noted.
Upon taking office, Donald Trump campaigned to destroy JCPOA or modify it, although it did not get any results so far, the Iranian diplomat said.
The international community and even Washington's allies in Europe are against Trump and even the UN Security Council, which also includes the nuclear deal, will avoid the Republican tycoon's plan.
Iran is prepared to respond to any scenario regarding the fate of JCPOA, although the government prefers maintaining it and there is no change, Araghchi stated.
- Countries: None
- CUBA | US Democratic Senator Amy Klobuchar Supports Ending Blockade on Cuba
- China says US Restrictions against its Companies is Abusive
- JAMAICA | PNP concerned over increased United States sanctions on Cuba
- Jamaica leads the Caribbean in visitors overstaying their visas in the United States
- US Police Illegally Invade Venezuelan Embassy in Washington DC