Araghchi commented that the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) or Iran-Group 5+1 treaty, is a security agreement that covers the region and the world.
In case of any backsliding in that treaty, there will be severe consequences for the entire international community, he noted.
Upon taking office, Donald Trump campaigned to destroy JCPOA or modify it, although it did not get any results so far, the Iranian diplomat said.
The international community and even Washington's allies in Europe are against Trump and even the UN Security Council, which also includes the nuclear deal, will avoid the Republican tycoon's plan.
Iran is prepared to respond to any scenario regarding the fate of JCPOA, although the government prefers maintaining it and there is no change, Araghchi stated.
- Countries: None
- Climate change resilience could save trillions in the long run – but finding billions now to pay for it is the hard part
- CNN TV Host, Fired For Urging a Free Palestine, Apologizes
- G20 Summit: BRICS Pushes For 'Democratic International Order'
- UNITED STATES | Mother Sues US After Child Held in ICE Detention Center Dies
- JAMAICA | Holness Signs Energy Cooperation Framework with US Treasury Dep't.