Local sources detailed that the five projectiles fired were directed at structures located near the neighborhoods of Al Shujaiyyeh and towards agricultural lands in the neighborhood of Al Zaytoun.
According to the spokesman of the Health Ministry of Gaza, Al Qedra, a Palestinian was slightly injured by the explosions, so he was transferred to Al Shefaa's hospital.
The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said in a statement that the attack was carried out in response to the explosion of an explosive device that detonated near an Israeli military engineering team along the border.
By confirming the attack, the IDF assured that they blame Hamas for 'any incident that takes place inside and outside the Strip.'
Tension in Gaza has increased over the past two weeks, following Israeli repression of peaceful marches carried out by tens of thousands of Palestinians on Friday, March 30th and April 6th, which claimed the lives of 30 civilians and injured over 1,500 people.
- Countries: None
- Israel Destroys Cultural Center in Besieged Gaza Strip
- 'Resist Apartheid:' Thousands Rally Against Israel's Nationality Bill
- Israel: Druze Protest 'Discriminatory' Jewish Nation-State Law
- CUBA Reiterates Solidarity with Palestine's Cause
- Global Jewish Groups Issue Joint Statement in Support of BDS Movement