Hours after announcing the deal, which was opposed by right-wingers as it would give thousands of migrants the right to stay in the country, Netanyahu posted a message on his Facebook page saying he was putting it on hold until further review.
According to the agreement, about 16,000 of 37,000 African migrants who entered the country illegally would be relocated to Western nations while others would be allowed to stay in Israel.
- Countries: None
- Israel Attacks Targets in Gaza Strip
- Will the "Great March of Return" protests in Palestine lead to military escalation?
- 16 dead as Palestinians March to Demand their lands from Israel
- Anger mounts as Israel begins detention and deportation of African asylum seekers
- Over 1,000 Palestinians Died in Gaza Due to Israeli Blockade