According to the spokesman Yoon Young-chan, the two leaders exchanged opinions in a relaxed atmosphere, about the implementation of what is now known as the Declaration of Panmunjom, agreed on their first meeting held on April 27.
He added that Moon will announce the results of Saturday's meeting tomorrow.
This is the first contact held by the Korean leaders after several days of impasse in the approach undertaken this year, due to the development of the Max Thunder military operation between Seoul and Washington.
The DPRK considered these operations imprudent and a challenge to the current situation favorable for sealing peace, because they are the largest simulations of their kind ever made in the area.
It added, among other points, that they have the public objective of maximizing the sanctions and pressures against them, testing a preventive air raid and taking control of the entire Korean peninsula.
- Countries: None
- 2018: Denuclearization Endeavor in DPRK, in the Face of US Blackmail
- Moon: US-North Korea Summit Could 'End The History Of War'
- Trump cancels summit with North Korea's Kim Jong-un
- Koreas pledge Nuclear Free Peninsula, End to Korean War
- Sergei Skripal and the long history of assassination attempts abroad