Dr. Baez arrived at the capital's José Marti International Airport, Terminal Three, where he was welcomed by Cuban Public Health Minister Roberto Morales.
The physician returned to his homeland after tests at the Geneva University Hospital, Switzerland, confirmed that 43-year-old Felix Baez Sarria was now clear of the Ebola virus.
At this medical institution he received high level treatment and its specialists ratified that trials carried out confirmed the disappearance of the virus in his body fluids, so he was discharged from hospital.
Baez was among 165 Cuban medical personnel sent to Sierra Leone to fight the disease. He showed symptoms of the disease on November 16 and was brought to Switzerland for treatment with the experimental drug ZMapp.
- Twitter blocks accounts of Raúl Castro and Cuban state-run media outlets
- Why the DRC Ebola outbreak was declared a global emergency and why it matters
- Cuban Economy Will Not Enter Recession Despite Blockade: Report
- JAMAICA | EBOLA Response Plan Activated to Increase Awareness
- Jamaica-Cuba Friendship Association Pays Tribute to Amb. Elinor Felix