On Saturday, the Public Health Minister released data which revealed that 18 additional cases are yet to be confirmed by the US Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
So far this year the suspected Zika cases in the country total 5,216, of this amount 948 are women in the first six months of pregnancy.
The health officials also revealed that 274 cases of Guillain-Barré Syndrome were reported in people with a previous history of symptoms compatible with the virus.
The data covers the week from October 16 to 22.
To date, 17 countries have reported confirmed cases of congenital syndrome associated with the Zika virus.
- Countries: Caribbean
- Barbados Is Free Of Active Zika Transmission
- Columbus Business Solutions now operating as C&W Business in the Dominican Republic
- Zika virus outbreak continues - 200,000 confirmed cases since global emergency
- GRENADA records first case of microcephaly
- DOMINICAN REPUBLIC – Agriculture Minister says banana disease can be controlled