“That overcrowding, is due to the Mt Gay facilities been used to house new admittance and existing patients,” Steele told Parliament.
Steele explained that previously there was an initial admittance clinic at the General Hospital compound but due to changes and adjustments, the clinic was moved to Mt Gay Mental Institution.
“So we have new admittance, those seeking residential treatment as well as outpatient clinic all in the same place but that problem will be solved in the near future,” he said.
Previously, first time patients were treated at the Rathdune Clinic and Steele said that once the first phase of the new hospital expansion project is complete the Rathdune Clinic will be back at the General Hospital compound and the overcrowding will be history.
“At the completion of the hospital expansion project, there will be adjustment in terms of where some services are located and we will re-open the Rathdune clinic for first time admittance,” said Steele.
- Countries: Grenada
- ANTIGUA | Prime Minister Browne 'Promising Landslide Victory' for Labour Party in Election
- CARICOM to monitor Grenada’s elections
- GRENADA | Increased activities at Kick ’em Jenny volcano
- GRENADA | PM disappointed that it took industrial action to fix hospital problem
- GRENADA | NDC's Nazim Burke sues Prime Minister Mitchell for defamation