Director General at the Ministry of Public Health and Population, Gabriel Thimothe, said the case was confirmed over the last weekend by the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
The US-based Partners in Health and the Haiti-based Zanmi Lasante, said in a joint statement earlier this month that two babies had been born with microcephaly in their University Hospital Mirebalais.
Haiti has confirmed 14 cases of the birth defect since March, up from previous reports of two cases,
The CDC has said that Haiti has recorded nearly 3,000 Zika cases.
- JAMAICA | JA said to be largest suplier of ganja to the United States
- HAITI | Leaders of the New Haitian Army Installed
- CARICOM States sign agreements deepening regional integration movement
- CARICOM | United States 'Dis' CARICOM Meeting in Haiti
- CARICOM | Secretary General warns against threats of crime to CARICOM’s progress