Director General at the Ministry of Public Health and Population, Gabriel Thimothe, said the case was confirmed over the last weekend by the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
The US-based Partners in Health and the Haiti-based Zanmi Lasante, said in a joint statement earlier this month that two babies had been born with microcephaly in their University Hospital Mirebalais.
Haiti has confirmed 14 cases of the birth defect since March, up from previous reports of two cases,
The CDC has said that Haiti has recorded nearly 3,000 Zika cases.
- JAMAICA | PM Holness Extends Condolences to Haiti in the Aftermath of Earthquake
- HAITI | At least 12 dead after 5.9 Tremor Jolts Haiti Saturday Night
- Haitian President Committed to End Poverty
- HAITI | Prime Minister Lafontant Quits After Fuel-Price Protests
- Haiti: IMF Insists on Fuel Hikes As Political Crisis Deepens