The Cuban pharmaceutical is administered by injections that step up the healing of deep ulcers caused by diabetes, a major cause of lower limb amputations in Mexico.
The medication, which was developed by the Havana-based Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology Center, reduces the risk of complications such as gangrene or infections.
The registration of the pharmaceutical was announced in Havana by the first meeting of the Mexico-Cuba Health Cooperation Group with the presence of Mexican Health minister Jose Narros.
During the meeting the two sides agreed to look at new lines of research on diseases with strong impact on the people, such as cancer, hypertension, mental and genetic disorders.
- Countries: Cuba
- Caravan Migrants Persist Despite Rain, Cold in Mexico
- GUYANA | President David Granger diagnosed with cancer, Receiving Treatment in Cuba
- JAMAICA calls on the United States to lift the Cuban Embargo
- CUBA | War by other means- the economic blockade of Cuba
- Cuban Foreign Minister denounces U.S. attempt to undermine international support for an end to the Cuban blockade
Latest from Calvin G. Brown
- Brazilians Worry over Health Gap Due to Departure of Cuban Doctors
- JAMAICA | IMF says economic growth remains subdued despite positive trend
- TRINIDAD | Angostura execs’ wild spending exposed
- JAMAICA | Crawford calls for special action against child killers
- IAAF | Nominees Announced for Male Athlete of the Year 2018