The Cuban pharmaceutical is administered by injections that step up the healing of deep ulcers caused by diabetes, a major cause of lower limb amputations in Mexico.
The medication, which was developed by the Havana-based Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology Center, reduces the risk of complications such as gangrene or infections.
The registration of the pharmaceutical was announced in Havana by the first meeting of the Mexico-Cuba Health Cooperation Group with the presence of Mexican Health minister Jose Narros.
During the meeting the two sides agreed to look at new lines of research on diseases with strong impact on the people, such as cancer, hypertension, mental and genetic disorders.
- Countries: Cuba
Latest from Calvin G. Brown
- JAMAICA | First Meeting of National Security Council for 2019
- GUYANA | Court to decide Legality of Charrandass Persaud's December 21 vote
- Worsening Ebola crisis leaves UN Security Council with few options
- GUYANA Protests Vezezuela Military Interception of Oil Exploration Vessell
- IAAF | 10 Athletes Cleared to compete under New Flags