The Cuban pharmaceutical is administered by injections that step up the healing of deep ulcers caused by diabetes, a major cause of lower limb amputations in Mexico.
The medication, which was developed by the Havana-based Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology Center, reduces the risk of complications such as gangrene or infections.
The registration of the pharmaceutical was announced in Havana by the first meeting of the Mexico-Cuba Health Cooperation Group with the presence of Mexican Health minister Jose Narros.
During the meeting the two sides agreed to look at new lines of research on diseases with strong impact on the people, such as cancer, hypertension, mental and genetic disorders.
- Countries: Cuba
Latest from Calvin G. Brown
- JAMAICA | FID Successful on Cash Forfeiture: US$485,700.00
- JAMAICA | Supreme Court to consider motion to declare sections of the National ID Act Unconstitutional
- Iran's President Asks Trump to Keep U.S. in Nuclear Agreement
- Evo Morales Condemns U.S. Actions against Venezuela and Cuba
- JAMAICA | Murders and shootings up in areas without special security measures -