The Cuban pharmaceutical is administered by injections that step up the healing of deep ulcers caused by diabetes, a major cause of lower limb amputations in Mexico.
The medication, which was developed by the Havana-based Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology Center, reduces the risk of complications such as gangrene or infections.
The registration of the pharmaceutical was announced in Havana by the first meeting of the Mexico-Cuba Health Cooperation Group with the presence of Mexican Health minister Jose Narros.
During the meeting the two sides agreed to look at new lines of research on diseases with strong impact on the people, such as cancer, hypertension, mental and genetic disorders.
- Countries: Cuba
- Cuba's Biopharmaceutical Industry Develops over 400 Projects
- Unity is the Best Tribute to Fidel Castro, Says President Diaz-Canel
- CARICOM emphasises its valued friendly relations with Mexico
- Cuba's New Constitution Will Recognize Private Property: Report
- Cuba Calls on U.S. to Comply with Visa Commitment