The Ministry of Health in a statement noted that the number of Zika positive pregnancies stands at 78.
It said the figures were released after consultation with the Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA) and that while four of five infected persons will not show any symptoms of the virus, only ‘high risk’ cases are confirmed by the Trinidad-based regional agency.
The Ministry of Health said that it would continue to intensify its efforts to monitor and manage the virus that is spread by the Aedes Aegypti mosquito, which is also responsible for the disease such as dengue and Chikungunya.
- TRINIDAD | TT entitled to its opinion on Venezuela says PM Rowley
- TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO | Young Rebuffs fear-mongering by Persad-Bissessar
- TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO | Rowley meets with US rep to the UN
- Turks and Caicos | Dispute over Taxes Beaches Turks to close, Sandals Tobago a No-Go.
- TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO | Medical Marijuana on the Agenda for T&T by Mid-year