Microcephaly is a birth defect where a baby’s head is smaller than expected when compared to babies of the same sex and age.
Deyalsingh said that the Ministry of Health through the Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA) has already enlisted the help of experts from Brazil and Canada to supplement the local pool of specialists since the number of microcephaly cases caused by Zika may increase in the coming months.
- Countries: Trinidad_Tobago
- TRINIDAD | TT entitled to its opinion on Venezuela says PM Rowley
- TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO | Young Rebuffs fear-mongering by Persad-Bissessar
- TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO | Rowley meets with US rep to the UN
- Turks and Caicos | Dispute over Taxes Beaches Turks to close, Sandals Tobago a No-Go.
- TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO | Medical Marijuana on the Agenda for T&T by Mid-year
Latest from Calvin G. Brown
- JAMAICA | First Meeting of National Security Council for 2019
- GUYANA | Court to decide Legality of Charrandass Persaud's December 21 vote
- Worsening Ebola crisis leaves UN Security Council with few options
- GUYANA Protests Vezezuela Military Interception of Oil Exploration Vessell
- IAAF | 10 Athletes Cleared to compete under New Flags