In a statement, Shapiro said "Free trade is a critical building block for American prosperity. President Trump calling for even more tariffs is irresponsible, not to mention legally questionable.
"By slapping more punitive taxes on goods that Americans depend on, he is hurting our businesses, workers, innovation and the global standing of our nation. A 25 percent tariff on a total of $517 billion worth in goods would be, by far, the biggest tax increase U.S. consumers have faced during his presidency," Shapiro declared.
Consumer Technology Association (CTA)TM is the trade association representing the $377 billion U.S. consumer technology industry, which supports more than 15 million U.S. jobs. More than 2,200 companies – 80 percent are small businesses and startups; others are among the world’s best known brands – enjoy the benefits of CTA membership including policy advocacy, market research, technical education, industry promotion, standards development and the fostering of business and strategic relationships.
CTA also owns and produces CES® – the world’s gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies. Profits from CES are reinvested into CTA’s industry services.
- Countries: United_States
- Venezuela: is a US-backed 'military option' to oust Maduro gaining favour?
- Palestinian Envoy Says South Africa Set to Back Peace Talks
- Trump Closes Palestinian Mission Office in Washington
- US Threatens to sanction Int'I Criminal Court if investigated, But ICC will continue 'undeterred'
- Qatar’s $15 billion snub of Trump over Turkey puts another key US relationship in Middle East at risk