In essence, it is meant to encourage and nurture the technological strengths of adolescent girls who already show a propensity for the field.
‘Guyanese Girl Code’ is a FREE 12-week pilot project that will teach girls in 1st to 3rd Form (11 to 15 year olds) beginners Coding/Programming. The one requirement for entry into this starter programme is that all applicants must be proficient computer users, familiar with the basic software and programmes.
Generally, Coders/Programmers are the innovators in the ICT industry, the technicians who create new software, applications, websites, etc. Their work parameters are limitless. Communication technologies are employed in every industry on this planet, from fashion to heart surgeries, agriculture and Oceanology.
This Girls Code programme will be held this April and the deadline for submission of applications is Thursday March 29, 2018. Applicants must be able to complete the entire 12-week programme with full attendance.
Space is very limited so the attendance list will be comprise the students who applied first. Go to www.mopt.gov.gy for the application, or Ministry of Public Telecommunications on Facebook.
- Countries: Guyana
- British Professor cautions Guyana about its Oil contract with ExxonMobil
- GUYANA | Guyana must learn from Trinidad and Tobago’s lessons on oil industry corruption
- GUYANA | Captain, crew of Stena Carron drillship commended for efficiency in oil discoveries
- GUYANA | First ever oil and gas law conference gets underway
- ExxonMobil Announces Seventh Oil Discovery Offshore Guyana