The mobile phones, estimated at 115,000 rubles (more than $2,000 USD) and a limited production of about 100 units per year, allows making encrypted communications, through the usual telephone network.
Each telephone is made independently, that is, there is no line for its serial production and the customer should wait at least four months for its completion, the newspaper says.
The phone is prepared to work in a temperature range from - 20 oC to 50 degrees above zero and can be put it one meter under the water.
The 'Atlas' mobile phone has also a mechanism to encrypt access by voice message. In case of any problem, it deletes the encrypted messages.
The armed forces also asked the officers to disconnect the global positioning applications. But lawmakers will prepare a bill to make such recommendations a real ban in the Armed Forces.
- Countries: None
- US to scrap sanctions on UC Russian Aluminium (RUSAL)
- Putin’s interference in US elections undermines faith in American democracy
- Russia says U.S. Lacks Legal Support to Remain in Syria
- Task Force to Address Any Fallout from Sanctions on UC Rusal
- Aluminium giant Rusal shares collapse after US sanctions