The magnitude 7.6 earthquake struck in the Caribbean Sea between the coast of Honduras and the Cayman Islands on Tuesday night, shaking the mainland and causing officials to warn people around the region to be alert to the threat of possible tsunami surges.
There were no early reports of serious damage on land. Officials in Honduras said shaking was felt across much of the Central American nation and there were some reports of cracks in homes in Colon and Atlantida provinces along the northern coast and Olancho in eastern Honduras.
Latest from Calvin G. Brown
- BARBADOS | Canadian Firm buys Sol Investments in a US$1.21 billion deal.
- JAMAICA | US$ 200-M Contract for the construction of MoBay Bypass
- JAMAICA | Jackson commends custom workers, JCF on gun find
- JAMAICA | Holness Calls for Lifting of Cuban Embargo
- JAMAICA | PRSJ Mourns the passing of Errol K. Miller