The IAAF is pleased to confirm a list of 10 nominees forMale World Athlete of the Yearwho were selected by an international panel of athletics experts, comprising representatives from all six continental areas of the IAAF.
The nominees for 2018 Male World Athlete of the Year are:
- World leads at both 1500m and one mile, with nine out of 11 wins across those distances
- World indoor record and world indoor champion at 60m
- European champion at pole vault with a world-leading height
- London Marathon champion
- World lead and the world’s fastest at 800m since 2012
- World lead and unbeaten in his five races at 200m, including at the Diamond League final
- Continental Cup winner at 100m & 4x100m
- Diamond League and Commonwealth Games champion at long jump
- World Indoor champion at heptathlon
- World lead and unbeaten in nine finals at 400m hurdles, setting the world’s quickest time since 1992
- World lead with the world’s longest shot put since 2003
A three-way voting process will determine the finalists.
The IAAF Council and the IAAF Family will cast their votes by email, while fans can vote online via the IAAF's social media platforms. Individual graphics for each nominee will be posted onFacebook,TwitterandInstagramthis week; a 'like' on Facebook and Instagram or a retweet on Twitter will count as one vote.
The IAAF Council’s vote will count for 50% of the result, while the IAAF Family’s votes and the public votes will each count for 25% of the final result.
Voting for the Male World Athlete of the Year closes on 13 November. At the conclusion of the voting process, five men and five women finalists will be announced by the IAAF.
The male and female World Athletes of the Year will be announced live on stage at theIAAF Athletics Awards 2018.
- Countries: None
- IAAF | Kipchoge donates Olympic Marathon Shoe ahead of Heritage Exhibition in Doha
- IAAF Air Quality Project Presented at UN Environment Assembly
- IAAF Global Running Conference China 2019 to focus on Social, Economic, and Environmental Impacts of Road Races
- IAAF | 10 Athletes Cleared to compete under New Flags
- IAAF Doping Review Board Approves Guidelines For 2019 Neutral Athlete Status
Latest from Calvin G. Brown
- Russia Calls US Intervention in Venezuela 'Unacceptable'
- JAMAICA | Earnings of US$3.6 Billion Expected from Tourism
- CARICOM again calls for non-intervention and dialogue in Venezuela
- JAMAICA | First Meeting of National Security Council for 2019
- GUYANA | Court to decide Legality of Charrandass Persaud's December 21 vote