With the start of the Atlantic Hurricane season, the Department of Tourism has issued a “Worry Free Hurricane Guarantee” that will cover the cost of cancellations and shortened trips .
According to Director of Tourism Rosa Harris, as soon as a storm is anticipated, guests are eligible for a full refund at participating hotels, condos and villas islandwide with a maximum one-night penalty for cancellations made 48 hours before check-in.
“Our top priority at the Cayman Islands Department of Tourism is to provide a positive and memorable vacation experience for our guests, one that is unburdened by the stresses of everyday life.”
“Understanding the seasonal considerations that come with the late summer and early fall months, we developed our islandwide Worry Free Hurricane Guarantee,”she said, adding that “this guarantee allows travelers to plan their stays in the Cayman Islands with complete peace of mind, ensuring they are covered even in the unlikely event that their trip is cut short due to inclement weather.”
A wide array of hotels, condos and villas are participating in the Worry Free Hurricane Guarantee and some are offering cancellation up to 24 hours or less ahead of the reserved stay with no penalty.
- Countries: Cayman_Islands
- JAMAICA | Sustainable Economic Development - Is Jamaica on the right path?
- Jamaica and Cayman Islands want to strengthen relations
- JAMAICA | Bartlett Urges Regional Response to Curtail Sargassum Threats
- Jamaica Welcomes Two Million Tourists, Earns US$2 Billion for January to June
- JAMAICA | Tourism Ministry to Stengthen Linkages with Other Sectors