During a recent meeting with executives of British Airways Holidays (BAH), Cudjoe stressed the importance of working towards improving the tourism product in Tobago.
In a release following the meeting the destination manager at BAH, David Weatherson said Tobago is one of their top five destinations among their travelers
According to Cudjoe, said Tobago can be placed at the top of the list “marketing and educational awareness is paramount to making tourism an important driver of diversification of our economy.”
She added that this can be achieved by the continued collaboration with the Tobago House of Assembly’s Division of Tourism, Culture and Transportation, Tobago hoteliers and stakeholders, and the development of a strategic marketing approach in a customer- oriented environment.
Cudjoe also informed BAH about the proposed “re-tooling and re-engineering” of the national tourism strategy; one entity specific to Tobago, the other to Trinidad.
She said this approach will enable each island to be marketed according to their differing target markets.
Weatherson noted that “Tobago is a fertile and fresh travel market with relatively cheap rates compared to other Caribbean islands. A boost in the promotion of the island will greatly position Tobago in the minds of the UK traveller.”
He said the company has over 5,000 booked rooms so far for 2017, compared to 2016 which ended the year with 7,500 booked rooms.
- Countries: Trinidad_Tobago
- CARICOM, MASA Agreement to improve intra-regional tourism
- GUYANA | “A viable Tourism Industry can help sustain Hinterland Development”- Minister Gaskin
- CAYMAN ISLANDS | Gov't offers money back guarantee for visits interrupted by hurricanes
- BAHAMAS | Gov't signs heads of agreement regarding management of Baha Mar
- TRINIDAD | Prime Minister to meet with Tobago Chamber to discuss barge transportation