Paying a courtesy call on Jamaica's Ambassador to the USA, Her Excellency Audrey Marks, at the Jamaican Embassy in Washington, DC on Thursday, he mentioned the work being undertaken in the areas of animation and entrepreneurship, which he noted would benefit youth in particular.
Ambassador Marks congratulated Mr. Sevimli on his appointment and encouraged him to focus on two key areas which will drive growth and make a meaningful impact on the Jamaican economy and people.
She mentioned the Jamaica National Youth Corps (coordinated by the Jamaica Defence Force) and the Jamaica Social Stock Exchange (JSSE) as two areas which could benefit from support from the World Bank.
The Jamaican ambassador said she looked forward to working with the World Bank to continue the work on establishing a Diaspora Bond.
- Countries: Jamaica
- JAMAICA | JISCO/Alpart Alumina Plant to close for refurbishing
- CARICOM | Amidst Climate Change, Jamaica wants trade concessions for small states
- JAMAICA | Miss Lou Iconic Symbol of Cultural Regeneration – PM Holness
- JAMAICA | Private Bar questions need for changes to Bail Act
- JAMAICA | Trump fingers Ja as major trans-shipment hub