She was speaking at a reception to honor Minister of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade, Senator Kamina Johnson-Smith at the Embassy of Jamaica on Friday.
Ambassador Marks said, as she again took on the role of Jamaica’s Ambassador to the United States, "my particular diaspora focus in keeping with the charge I have been given both by Prime Minister Andrew Holness and Minister of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade, Senator Kamina Johnson-Smith, are to further strengthen the alliance between Jamaica and the Diaspora and identify new investment opportunities including from among the Diaspora".
Ambassador Marks said during the coming weeks she will expand on the plan of action to be undertaken during her tenure and that she will be looking forward to getting input from the Diaspora.
She said that during her previous appointment she had the opportunity to work closely with a wide range of members of the Diaspora on several projects and philanthropic initiatives, and was very pleased that they have continued to selflessly give of themselves in service our beloved country.
Just over a hundred members of the Diaspora - from Washington DC, Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania and Delaware - representing a wide cadre of persons from the private sector, government, non-profit as well as heads of various Jamaican organizations were in attendance.
- Countries: Jamaica
- GUYANA | EU, UK, US call for “mature election campaign”
- Britain Secretly Funded Reuters in 60s and 70s Using the BBC
- JAMAICA | Christmas message from H.E. Audrey Marks to Jamaicans in the United States
- DIASPORA | American Friends of Jamaica Donate JA$100M to Ja charities
- JAMAICA | Keep partisan politics out of new Diaspora Council PNP warns Gov't.